About BRC Certification
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is a UK-based trade organization that works to raise standards in the retail industry through a series of certification programs. BRC certification is an audit-based process that ensures compliance with BRC Global Standards for Food Safety, Packaging and Packaging Materials, Storage & Distribution, and Consumer Products.
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is a leading food safety standard recognized by that sets food safety and quality standards for the manufacturing, packaging, storage, distribution, and retailing of food products. Thus, BRC certification provides a way for organizations to demonstrate their commitment to food safety and quality and can give them a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
BRC Certification in Canada
BRC certification in Canada is becoming increasingly popular, with BRC-certified food companies on the rise. This increase in BRC certification in Canada is largely driven by consumers who are demanding greater transparency and traceability when it comes to the food they purchase. Additionally, retailers are looking for assurances that products meet their own safety standards as well as those of governmental organizations like the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
BRC certification in Canada provides the assurance that food companies are meeting global standards for food safety, packaging and packaging materials, storage and distribution, and consumer products. The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is a GFSI-recognized standard that requires organizations to have rigorous traceability systems in place, effective management of food safety, and appropriate preventive measures.
BRC certification is an important part of a company’s quality assurance program, and can help build consumer confidence in the products they purchase. For companies looking to demonstrate their commitment to safety and quality, BRC certification in Canada is the way to go.
Benefits of BRC Certification
There are many benefits to obtaining BRC certification, including:
- Demonstrating commitment to food safety and quality
- Increasing customer confidence in your products
- Enhancing brand reputation and marketability
- Reducing the risk of costly recalls or other disruptions in operations
- Improving operational efficiency
- Establishing a competitive advantage
Which Organizations Can Apply for BRC Certification in Canada?
Any organization that produces, packages, stores, or distributes food products can apply for BRC certification in Canada. This includes but is not limited to:
- Food manufacturers and processors
- Retailers (grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.)
- Importers and exporters of food products
BRC Certification Process Through IAS
The process to obtain BRC certification through IAS is quite simple and effective.
- Fill out a BRC Certification Application Form.
- Our team of experts will review your application and provide a quotation.
- Upon approval of the quotation, IAS will schedule a series of audits to review your organization’s processes and procedures.
- Stage 1 Audit: This audit evaluates the readiness of your organization for BRC certification, including an assessment of your current management system.
- Stage 2 Audit: This audit verifies the compliance of your organization to all requirements specified in the standard.
- Upon successful completion of both stages, IAS will issue a certificate indicating that your organization has met all applicable requirements for BRC Certification.
Once you successfully achieve BRC Certification, you can check the status of your certificate by visiting our BRC Certification search Page!
Why Choose IAS for BRC Certification?
Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a leading certification body for BRC Global Standards, offering comprehensive services to help you achieve BRC certification. Our experienced and qualified auditors are knowledgeable about the Canadian food industry and can provide guidance on how to meet all requirements of the BRC standard. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality service so that you can get certified quickly and efficiently.
In addition, IAS takes a step-by-step approach to our audits, providing technical advice and support to help you improve your processes and systems in order to easily obtain BRC certification. Fill out our contact form information on how to get started with the BRC certification process. Our team of experts is available to answer all your questions and provide assistance with meeting the requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
Also check out our blog on how to get ISO Certification!