ISO 14001 certification is the best way to ensure that your company is aware of its environmental impact. ISO 14001 certification is an internationally recognized standard that sets out the criteria for an environmental management system. An environmental management system helps a company identify and reduce its environmental impact. Thus, ISO 14001 certification helps companies stay compliant with environmental regulations.
About ISO 14001
The generic standard ISO 14001 provides requirements to establish, monitor, as well as to continually improve the environmental management system (EMS) performance of an organization. This standard provides specific guidelines to reduce the environmental impacts on organizational activities, products, and services. Also, it supports organizations to meet the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 14001:2015 Version
This is the current version of the ISO 14001 standard, developed with a process approach to reduce the operational errors and risks in the management system. As ISO 14001:2015 is proposed with a high-level structure and PDCA cycle, it can be integrated with other ISO management system standards. Also, its risk-based thinking approach helps the organizations to meet their customers’ requirements consistently.
What does it mean to be ISO 14001 Certified?
ISO 14001 certification involves a mandatory evaluation to determine if a company’s ISO 14001 environmental management system can comply with ISO 14001 requirements. ISO certification 14001 helps a company manage its business activities to reduce its environmental impact. The ISO standard provides guidelines for companies that want to become ISO 14000 certified regarding their environmental standards and how it affects their business as well as the environment. ISO certification 14001 means that a business has taken steps to make sure its environmental management system is in line with ISO 14001 requirements.
Who needs ISO 14001 Certification?
Any organization that wishes to build, upgrade, or maintain an environmental management system in accordance with its specified environmental policy and standards should apply for ISO 14001 certification. ISO 14001 certification is essential to all organizations that want to retain ISO compliance or has plans of achieving ISO compliance in the near future. Although ISO compliance is not mandatory, ISO 14001 certification is recommended to all interested organizations as a standard best practice for effective environmental management systems.
Features of ISO 14001 Certification
- ISO certification 14001 sets environmental goals and targets for continuous improvement.
- The criteria enable businesses to choose the best control solutions for their unique situations.
- The ISO 14001 standard is based on the most up-to-date national and international standards, including industry-specific environmental regulations.
- The standard is appropriate for any business, regardless of size or sector.
- ISO certification 14001 helps organizations to meet the legal requirements as well as their environmental objectives and targets.
- ISO 14001 certification makes it possible to obtain a competitive advantage through improved resource management and improved operational efficiency – thereby increasing return on investment.
What are the ISO 14001 Certification Requirements?
A company that achieves ISO 14001 certification is expected to have an ISO 14001 environmental management system with documented environmental policies, processes, responsibility assignments, roles, and responsibilities. ISO 14000 certification also covers the scope of the environmental management system practices in each organization. Additionally, ISO audits are carried out by certification bodies to ensure that companies meet ISO standards.
Designing and implementing an EMS that follows the ISO’s best practices for an environmental management system, getting it up and running, and having an ISO-approved auditor do a comprehensive audit of the system are all part of the ISO 14001 certification process. This audit will necessitate significant documentation, and the auditor may make suggestions that must be followed before ISO 14001 certification can be obtained.
Who can apply for ISO 14001 Certification?
The ISO 14001 standard is intended to apply to all organizations that wish to provide a secure working environment for their staff. ISO 14001 certification is available to any business, regardless of size or type, from an office building to a multinational corporation. It may also be utilized by any field, including manufacturing and processing, agriculture, forestry, and fisheries management.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
There are many advantages to achieving ISO certification 14001, including the following:
- Demonstrates compliance with current and future statutes and regulations
- Increases employee safety
- Enhances the corporate image of the organization
- Helps a firm obtain a competitive advantage and cost savings via efficient use of environmental resources
- Improves customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Promotes stakeholders’ confidence
- Brings a positive reputation to the company
Achieve ISO 14001 Certification with IAS
IAS is a leading ISO 14001 Certification body in the United States and assists companies in ensuring that their ISO 14001 quality management system is effective by conducting conformity assessments with certified experts who are experienced auditors.
How to contact us?
There are plenty of ways to reach us.
- Visit our website – ias-certification.com
- Send us your inquiry through our website
- Drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also fill out our ISO 14001 Certification application form and send it to us
- Or contact us directly to have a free discussion about the auditing process specific to your organization